Tankardstown Estate Slane
Tankardstown comprises an impressive 18th-century Manor House and Orangery with a courtyard of cottage suites. In Garden Village, you will find our our award-winning Brabazon Restaurant and the quaint Tea Garden, where casual lunch and Afternoon Tea is available along with classic evening dining.
Tankardstown was formed in the 17th Century when lands were merged to create demesnes with large houses as the focal point. In 1710, Tankardstown House passed to the Coddington family who lived at Oldbridge House, on the site of the Battle of the Boyne. By the mid-18th Century, it was owned by Brabazon Morris, until it was bought out in 1815 by Francis Blackburne, Lord Chancellor of Ireland. Tankardstown continued to be a private family residence until the current owner, Brian Conroy, opened his doors to welcome guests into this beautiful home. The first guests were a party of Americans visiting Ireland for their own golf event, the McHeadly Cup, held at the time of the 2006 Ryder Cup. Today Tankardstown is an award-winning boutique hotel with an unequalled reputation for quality and service.
It is also fast becoming known as one of the best Wedding Venues in Meath, and indeed across Ireland. The addition of the Orangery makes the perfect function room bursting with light and seating up to 250 guests. The 80 acre estate comprises of woodland, rolling parkland, courtyards and walled gardens, providing the perfect backdrop for wedding photographs and outdoor ceremonies.